When your vehicle flips over, it is without a doubt a truly frightening experience. There are a number of circumstances that can make a vehicle flip over, whether it is your own error, the hazards of the road, or other drivers. If it happens to you, there are a few things to remember for a more favorable outcome. We at Citywide Towing would like to list some tips on what to do when your vehicles flips over.
Tips for Surviving a Rollover Car Accident
1) Stay as calm as possible. As your car flips over, it can be easier said than done to keep calm. Though it may be hard to do, trying to not panic is in your better interest. You can make the situation worse or create other hazards when you panic because your judgment is clouded and you cannot make practical decisions. For your safety, you want to give yourself the best fighting chance to survive and staying calm is the first step.
2) Prepare for impact. Your first instinct might be to grip the steering wheel to brace yourself if you are in the driver’s seat. Resist this impulse as soon as the vehicle starts to roll because as the vehicle flips, the force of the impact will transfer from the tires to the steering wheel. The optimal solutions to brace for the flip are to use your legs to hold yourself in place and cross your arms across your body. If you can, be aware of the surroundings if you see that the roof is going to fail, try and stay clear from it.
3) Safely leave the vehicle. Turn off the ignition as soon as possible, once the vehicle has stopped rolling. This can help prevent sparks from catching potential gasoline leaks from catching fire that may have occurred during the accident. Be sure to exit quickly and safely in the event your smell gasoline or see flames. Use caution in case of broken glass or metal fragments are around as you exit the rolled over vehicle.
4) Call emergency assistance. Check on any passengers and if other bystanders or drivers are involved check their condition. Call 9-1-1 if anyone needs medical attention. If possible, take photos of the entire scene, the vehicles, and what happened as proof of the incident. This will help for when you file insurance claims or providing you need an attorney, depending on the accident. If there are any witnesses, get their contact information and if possible a quick statement on what they saw.
5) Call a dependable towing company. After the authorities have been called and they concluded their reports, you will require a professional to tow your vehicle. To respond to your emergency rollover accident, you will want an affordable, yet reliable towing company.
Towing, Roadside Assistance Services & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
When you have been in a rollover, or any other kind of accident, Citywide Towing is readily available to come to your aid quickly to retrieve your vehicle. With the number of towing and roadside services we offer, we have earned a creditable reputation. Call us when you need us!