Though the winters in Dallas, TX are fairly mild when compared to many parts of the U.S, your vehicle can still be affected by the chillier temperatures, crisper air, and the element of winter. Before beginning your journey, it is always nice to be prepared for a potential emergency or mechanical failure. Have Citywide Towing Service contact information saved in your cellphone to expedite the process of being rescued, if you find the need for a tow or roadside services. To help avoid having your vehicle fail, there are several steps drivers in Texas can do as well. We at Citywide Towing Service has prepared a list of tips and suggestions on how you can avoid vehicle problems in an effort to help you avoid inconveniences.
Tips for Driving Safely in the Winter
During the cooler months drivers commonly have tire trouble, fluid problems, battery issues and other similar issues. You can lower the risk of these failures and maintain your vehicle’s performance with routine car maintenance.
1) Change the oil and oil filters. To keep every part, hinge, and cylinder that spins moving smoothly and proficiently, engine oil is the primary ingredient. For fresh and clean oil and oil filters, the oil breaks down and collects soil and debris since it is a chemical fluid and will require a fresh change. If the oil depletes or becomes thick from the filth, the vehicle’s performance can be hindered or stopped all together. Call Citywide for fluid delivery or a tow in the event that your vehicle is malfunctioning from neglected oil changes.
2) Check and clean the battery. In addition to the battery charge, an important element to keeping your vehicle functional is keeping the battery securely connected and clean. Assess the battery’s strength and connections on a routine basis. If it fails in the cold air, call Citywide Towing can help jump the start the battery or tow it to your mechanics.
3) Inspect the tire pressure monthly. Especially in the fall and winter months, tires should be inspected for tire pressure as well as the tread once month or so. Citywide Towing is readily available for tire changing roadside services or towing service if necessary, should you succumb to the winter elements or the passage of time.
4) Assess the lights. Since winter months are have fewer hours of sunlight and more hours of darkness, your visibility drops without proper illumination. Be sure to check blinkers, hazards, and brake lights frequently in order to ensure all lights are functional to help maximize your visibility.
5) Replace dirty air filters. Over time, the efficiency of your vehicle’s engine is impacted by dirty, clogged air filters. The efficiency of the heating system is affected due to the air inside your vehicle to become contaminated with outdoor contaminates.
6) Keep in your vehicle an emergency kit. To aid in an assortment of scenarios, be sure to include the essentials in your emergency kit.
Towing & Roadside Assistance Services in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
Call Citywide Towing Service today and let our experts provide roadside services or towing services to assist you, no matter what may have your vehicle inoperable in Dallas, Texas.