The tires on your vehicle are essential to staying safe. It is so important that you are well aware of what condition your tires are in as well as properly maintaining them. When you are having issues with your tires, it can be frustrating and even life threatening at times. Citywide Towing Service is here to talk about some of the steps you should be taking to ensure your tires are in good condition. Following are some safety and maintenance tips.
Tire Wear Patterns Guide
When it comes to your tires, it’s all about how they are wearing. You want them to wear evenly so that you can get the most out of them. There are several reasons that your tires may not be wearing evenly. Here are some of the most common reasons:
– Center Wear of Tire: When the thread in the middle is thinner than the outside, it is caused by over inflated tires.
– Tire Edge Wear: If the edges have worn more than the center, it is usually and issue with under inflated tires.
– Toe Wear (Feathering): If your tires have inner or outer exaggerated wear that gradually tapers to the other side, it could be a problem with your alignment.
– Camber Tire Wear: If either the inside or the outside is extremely worn, but not the other, this is also usually an alignment issue.
– Tire Cup Wear (Scalloping): Diagonal or scalloped worn areas usually point to a suspension issue or lack of tire rotation.
– Bald/Flat Spots on Tires: When you see bald patches throughout your tires that isn’t necessarily in a pattern, it is usually caused by unbalanced tires.
Tire Alignment, Balancing & Rotating Maintenance
There are three essential things that should be done to keep your tires maintained: alignment, balancing and rotating. As long as you follow a regular schedule with these three services, your tires will last much longer than when you do nothing. If your tires aren’t wearing properly, it can pose a significant safety risk. When you are driving, it you ever feel unsteadiness, wobbling or pulling to one side, you have can have one of the three problems: balance issue, inflation problem or alignment issues.
Importance of Well Maintained Tires
Anytime you are getting ready to drive a long distance, it is important to check all four of your tires for any sign of a problem. You should check the inflation of each tire to ensure they are all properly inflated and ready to go. When one of your tires goes flat, it can cause an unnecessary accident including roll overs.
Towing & Roadside Assistance & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Grapevine, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
Sometimes, even when you have properly maintained your tires, you may find that you experience a flat tire suddenly. When this happens, and you are stranded, there is no need to worry. You can count on the experts at Citywide Towing Service to respond quickly with our superior flat tire change roadside assistance services. We will get you back on the road in no time. Call us today!