There is nothing quite as inconvenient as a flat tire. It doesn’t matter when it happens, it can put a major wrench in your day. This is why most drivers will do everything in their power to avoid a flat tire in the first place. Luckily, there are several things that you can do to help ensure your tires are always ready to get you from point A to point B. Citywide Towing Service is here to share our best tips to help you avoid a flat tire on your vehicle.
How Can You Avoid Getting a Flat Tire?
There are some things that can be done to minimize your risk of a flat tire. Here are some ways that drivers can be proactive in avoiding a flat tire.
– Inflate Tires: It is important that your tires are properly inflated. You need to check with your vehicle manufacturer to see what your tires should be inflated to. When checking the tire pressure, you should make sure the car hasn’t been driven for several hours so that you are getting an accurate reading. Proper inflation will help the tires wear evenly and help you avoid a flat.
– Rotate Tires: Rotating your tires is essential to the longevity of your tires. They should be rotated every 5,000-10,000 miles depending on what the manufacturer recommendations are. If you don’t rotate your tires on a schedule, you are going to see uneven wear patterns which significantly increase your risk of a flat.
– Avoid Road Hazards: There is often debris that can be found on the road that can cause a flat tire. This is especially true on the shoulders of the road. You should also avoid driving in areas that are under construction as there is often loose nails or screws on the ground that can make their way into your tires.
– Tire Recalls: Sometimes, your tire troubles are caused by a recall on your tires. You should try and be aware of any recalls that may be out on your tires to help you avoid a flat tire. While they aren’t a common thing, they can be dangerous if you have a recall and aren’t aware of it.
– Don’t Overload Vehicle: Finally, you should avoid overloading your vehicle to avoid tire damage. When you overload your vehicle, it can be difficult on your vehicle, and it can also ruin your tires. If you know that you are going to be taking a heavy load in your vehicle, you should put more air in your tires to help you avoid damage.
Towing Service, Roadside Assistance & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
If you have found yourself on the side of the road with tire trouble, don’t hesitate to call on Citywide Towing Service to come and change your flat tire for you. We will respond quickly and get your vehicle back up and on the road in no time at all. No one can beat our customer service. Call us today!