We all want our vehicles to run without any problems so it’s good to know when your car needs a tune-up. Citywide Towing Services lists some tell-tale signs it’s time or you are overdue.
Signs When You Need to Get a Tune Up for Your Car
1. Check engine light on. When lights come on they come on for a reason. It means there’s a problem that needs to be taken care of. There is either a problem or a potential problem with your vehicle. It may be a minor, like a faulty taillight or major, like a problem with the transmission. Taking care of a small problem early can avoid a larger one in the future.
2. Low fuel economy. Are you making more trips to the gas station even though your driving habits have stayed the same? This may be an indication that there’s a problem. You are not getting as many miles out of a gallon of gas as you once did. This means your car isn’t working as efficiently as it should, and you need to figure out why. Keep track of how many miles you get out of a tank of gas, so you can tell when something may be wrong.
3. Rough shifting. Cars with automatic transmission are designed to take the guesswork out of shifting. If you notice the vehicle hesitating when shifting, shifts are abrupt, rough or it shifts when you’re not expecting it to, you need to get the transmission looked at. There are parts to the transmission that need to be maintained to protect it.
4. Car stalling. If your car starts to stall when you accelerate or are stopped at an intersection or any other time, it indicates there’s a problem. Not only that it can put you in danger. The last thing you want is to have your car stall as you need to merge onto a highway. The problem may be a faulty spark plug, a clogged fuel filter or something else altogether.
5. Hard starts. While it may be hard for us to get started in the morning, it shouldn’t be for your car. You have an issue if you have problems starting your car, it takes a few tries before it does or won’t stay running after you do get it started. The battery might be weak or there might be an issue with the starter.
6. Soft or noisy brakes. The brakes on your car are designed to bring you to a quiet stop, without having to depress the brake pedal completely. Noisy brakes, or brakes that react differently than they did before when you apply them indicate a problem. The brake pads rotors and/or brake fluid may need to be looked at.
7. Unusual car noises. Any noises that you’re not used to hearing indicate a problem. They are signs of bigger problems down the road. Steering wheels that squeal when turned at low speed, squealing under the hood when you start the car or noise from the wheels need to be investigated.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
Regular maintenance can help prevent future problems. Keep your vehicle in tip top shape with regular tune-ups to avoid potential problems. If you do have a breakdown and need towing services, contact Citywide Towing Service.