If you drive a gas powered vehicle, there are several fluids that are necessary for it to operate. Without them, your vehicle would be rendered useless until you filled up the reserves with the required fluids again. It is important that you understand what these fluids are and what they are used for so that you can be aware of whether or not they are running a little low. Citywide Towing Service is here talk about the fluids that your vehicle needs to get you from point A to point B safely.
What Fluids Does Your Vehicle Require to Run?
Each of the fluids that we are about to list are critical to your vehicle running. Without a single one of them, and you would be stranded on the side of the road somewhere.
– Motor Oil: One of the first fluids we would like to mention, and one of the most commonly known fluids, is motor oil. This keeps your vehicle’s engine lubricated as the many different parts work together to power your vehicle. If you don’t have motor oil in your vehicle, it will cease to work.
– Brake Fluid: The brake system in your vehicle is vital in keeping you safe while driving. This is a closed system, so you shouldn’t run low on brake fluid unless there is a leak somewhere. Without it, your vehicle can’t stop like it should, and it could cause a serious safety risk for you, putting anyone in the vehicle in grave danger.
– Coolant: This is another important fluid in your vehicle. Coolant works to keep the temperature of your engine regulated. If your vehicle’s engine overheats, it can cause damage to the engine that is expensive to repair. With an overheated engine, you will be found on the side of the road an unable to move.
– Transmission Fluid: Most people don’t know how to check their transmission fluid in the vehicle they drive. This is usually taken care of by their mechanic. However, if you have an issue with your transmission fluid, your vehicle can’t shift in and out of gears when driving. Its job is similar to motor oil as it lubricates all the moving parts of your transmission.
– Power Steering Fluid: The power steering fluid in your vehicle works to help the driver steer the car easily. Without it, most cars are extremely difficult to steer.
– Windshield Washer Fluid: Keeping your windshield free and clear of obstructions is important, especially when you are driving during severe weather.
– Gasoline/Diesel: The fuel that keeps your vehicle moving is important for fairly obvious reasons. Without, you won’t be going far. When you run out of fuel, it can be frustrating.
Towing Service, Roadside Assistance & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
If you have run out of gas or any other fluids for your vehicle that leave you stranded on the side of the road, you can turn to Citywide Towing Service to help you get the fluids you need to get back on your way. Call us today!