No matter if it occurs on the road or in your driveway, it is never convenient when the vehicle won’t start. Sometimes, finding the solution is easy and sometimes you need help. Today, we at Citywide Towing Service would like to share the most common reasons as to why a vehicle won’t start.
What Causes a Car Not to Start if the Battery is Good?
1) Dead Car Battery: A frequent cause to a vehicle that won’t start is a dead or drained battery. When you open the door, you won’t have a dome light. If your car won’t start and you can’t even turn on the wipers, headlights, or radio the battery is dead, and the battery is weak if the light may be dim. You will not heat or feel anything if the battery is dead when you turn the ignition listen. Many times the battery can be jumped but in some cases the battery is completely dead and needs to be replaced.
2) Bad Starter: The activation of the ignition switch allows a bit of a pattern to flow to flow from the battery to the solenoid over the starter. You should be able to tell if it is the ignition switch when you turn the ignition and hear a clicking sound but the car will not turn on. It will need replacing like the ignition switch in the event it is the ignition switch.
3) Gas Depletion: The vehicle may refuse to start if the fuel is depleted. First make sure you check your fuel gauge if the vehicle will not turn over. A reputable towing company can offer roadside assistance and deliver fuel to your location in the event a gas station is not an option.
4) Obstructed Fuel Filter: The fuel filter screens them before impurities reaches the fuel injectors. When the fuel filter gets clogged, the fuel pump is forced to work harder. The fuel pump continues to slowly deteriorate over time. The vehicle only becomes more difficult to start because your vehicle needs the right mixture of air and gas to start. As a general guideline, your fuel filter should be replaced every 20,000 to 40,000 miles.
5) Faulty Ignition Switch: It is the ignition switch if the vehicle acts like the battery is dead but doesn’t respond to the jump. It is likely the fault of the ignition switch when you test the vehicle, and your headlights or wipers work but the car still will not turn on. The ignition switch works to power the vehicle is a crucial electronic component behind the ignition lock cylinder. You may notice other problems with your vehicle, like starting but stalling suddenly, indicates a bad ignition switch. The solution is to replace it if it is the ignition switch.
Towing Service, Roadside Assistance & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
Citywide Towing Service has several options in roadside assistance or towing solutions to help your vehicle get back in business, no matter your vehicle won’t start at home or on the road. Call Citywide Towing Service today and let our experts assist you if you find your vehicle is in need of our quality services.