Needing access to your vehicle and not being able to get it, is not an ideal situation. All of us have, at one point or another, been faced with a vehicle lockout situation. This always happens and the most inconvenient of times. When you don’t have a way into your vehicle, it can be stressful and frustrating all wrapped into one giant ball of emotions. To better help you prevent getting locked out of your vehicle, it’s important to know what the leading causes of vehicle lockouts are. Citywide Towing Service is here to talk about vehicle lockouts and what you can do to avoid them all together.
How People Get Locked Out of Their Vehicle
While no two people are alike, there are several ways that people get locked out their vehicles that are very much alike. There are mistakes that are made that lead up to a vehicle lockout. Here are some of the most common ones.
– Lost Keys: Ever dug through your bag in search of keys and come up empty? People misplace keys easily because they are small. If you don’t have a solid place to keep them, you could wind up with lost keys. The worst thing you could do is try and use foreign objects to help you gain access to your vehicle. You are better off finding a pro that can help you get into your vehicle.
– Broken Keys: Keys are durable little objects, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t breakable too. If you have an older key that you haven’t been careful with, it could have weaknesses that could lead to breaking. Breaking a key in the lock of your vehicle or in the ignition is horrible, but fixable.
– Locked in Vehicle: This is one of the most common problems that leave people locked out of their vehicle. It is easy to step outside of your vehicle and realize that you just locked the doors, and your keys are still in the ignition or sitting on the front seat. Creating habits that help you avoid this is the best way to keep this from happening.
– Security Threat: The cars that we drive today are extremely smart. This makes driving much more enjoyable in many ways. The security of our vehicles is better than it ever has been in the past too. This is great until your vehicle thinks that you are the threat and takes measures to ensure you won’t be able to get inside.
– Malfunctioning Fob: Sometimes your key fob could malfunction and leave you stranded with no way to get into your vehicle. This is one of the most technical problems people face when locked out of their vehicle.