If the battery in your vehicle isn’t able to hold a charge, you are going to find yourself in trouble the next time to go to drive your vehicle. Hopefully, this doesn’t happen to you when you’re out and about. A dead battery isn’t something that anyone has time for. This is why it is so important to know the signs that point to a battery issue so that you can change out your vehicle’s battery before you are stuck somewhere. Citywide Towing Service is here to talk about some of the signs that you should be looking for.
How Do I Know if My Car Battery Needs Replacing?
The last thing you want to have happen is to find yourself stranded with a battery that doesn’t work. Be on the lookout for these signs that point to a bad issue before you are caught stranded.
– Delayed Start: The battery plays a big role in the starting of your car’s engine. If you notice that there is a delay when the vehicle is getting started, it could be due to the fact that your battery is having a difficult time getting a full charge to start the vehicle. Don’t hesitate to change your battery if you have this problem.
– Dimming Lights: The lights and electrical components in your vehicle are also powered by your battery. When it has a hard time getting a good charge, you may notice some electrical problems or dimming lights.
– Check Engine Light: Some vehicles are set up so that the check engine light comes on if there is a battery issue. When you see this light come on, you can take it to a mechanic who can help you get to the bottom of the cause.
– Corrosion: It’s always a good idea to inspect your vehicle’s battery every now and then. When you do, if you see any corrosion on your battery’s connectors, this is a sign you need to swap it out for a new one.
– Age: If you have had your battery for several years, it could be time to replace it with a new one. They say that many car batteries can last up to 6 years before they need to be replaced, but that is only if the battery is never in any severe weather of any kind. Going from high heat to extreme cold can take years off of your battery’s life. You are better off replacing it if you have any doubt that it is working well.
Towing Service, Roadside Assistance & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
If you have found yourself stranded because of a dead battery, you can call on Citywide Towing Service to help you get back up and running. We can give you the jump start you need to get you to the store for a new battery to be put in your vehicle. We will respond quickly to your call. Call us today!