Finding yourself stuck on the side of the road, trying to get to a new destination without the vehicle starting, may be due to a faulty battery. A dead battery may be the culprit. Consider the following information before attempting to jump start your vehicle if you are new to this type of situation and don’t know where to begin. With this in mind, we at Citywide Towing Service would like to share what you should know about jump starting batteries.
Does My Car Need a Jump Start?
There are many possibilities when it comes to why the vehicle is not starting up. Without knowing that your battery is the problem, the last thing you want to do is jump-start your vehicle. If you do not know the necessary precautions, this can be very dangerous. You need to start the ignition to check if your battery is dead. Your battery is not dead if you hear your engine cranking. In this situation, jump-starting your car will not solve your problem. Your vehicle’s battery is most certainly dead in the event you turn the ignition and hear nothing, however.
How to Jump Start a Car?
1) Check the vehicle’s manual to begin with. As it may result in you voiding your car’s warranty or cause serious problem, some new cars and manufacturers do not allow jump-starting.
2) Next, be certain you have the right cables, gloves, and safety goggles.
3) Do not allow them to touch, but you should park the two cars close enough for the cables to reach.
4) Because jump-starting might short them out, be certain that any accessories plugged into your car, like mobile phone chargers, are removed.
5) Turn off radio, headlights, and turn signals in both vehicles.
6) Never lean on the car or the battery.
7) While jumpstarting the vehicle, never smoke.
8) because this might cause an explosion, do not continue with jump-starting in the event battery is cracked, leaking, or if its fluid is frozen.
It is best to call for roadside assistance if you are new to this problem and do not know what to do. It could be hazardous if done improperly though jump-starting a vehicle could be easy when done properly. You do want to risk the safety of yourself and others.
Towing Service, Roadside Assistance & More in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
When it comes to jumpstarting your dead battery, for the sake of safety, as well as efficiency and additional problems that may arise. When it comes to the safety of your batter jumpstart, you do not want to trust it with an unknown stranger. For your towing and , particularly when it comes to jumpstarting a battering Dallas, Texas, call in the experts of Citywide Towing Service for assistance. Our professionals have the training and experience to perform a safe and efficient jumpstart for your battery. If in the event the battery is not the issue, or beyond a jumpstart, you can count on our experts for help.