Do you have a car sitting on your property that isn’t worth fixing or selling to someone? You may decide that you just don’t want it any more or it could be turning into a rust bucket. You can hire a company to remove your car for you and give you cash. Citywide Towing will buy your junk car in whatever condition it’s in; even if it’s not running.
Preparing Your Junk Car Before You Sell it for Cash
1. Inventory your vehicle– Figure out just how “junky” your car is. You may want to sell it for parts if it’s beyond repair. Areas of severe damage need to be noted and you’ll need to figure out if you can move it or if you’ll need to have it picked up. Look at any valuable parts in the car like a stereo system or tires that in good shape. These can all help determine the true value of your car. Make a list and let the cash for cars buying company know so you can give an accurate description when you call.
2. Use Kelley Blue Book– Use this resource to figure out the value of your car. Keep in mind that you’ll get less than the Kelley Blue Book value because the car you’re selling is a “junk” car and probably not in good condition. This tool will give you a good idea of how much a pristine car like yours would get. If you can figure out how much repairs will cost, you can subtract the amount from the Kelley Blue Book amount to get a better idea of what you might get for it.
3. Find the title– In order to prove it’s your car you should have the title. You will need it to sell your car to the buyers. The title will need to be signed over so it’s officially out of your hands. Not signing the title means you still own it even though you don’t have it anymore.
4. Remove your personal items from your junk car– It can be easy to leave personal items in your car. Check the glove box, between the seats, under the mats, under the seats and open the trunk to look for any items you want to keep. You want to make sure you have everything because once the car is sold you may never get them back. You will also need to remove the license plates.
5. Research junk car requirements in your state- The DMV will handle junked cars differently from state to state, so it’s important to know what the requirements in your state are. This can easily be done with a quick Google search.