Any time you are in a position that you need to file an auto insurance claim, it’s less than ideal. This means that your vehicle has been in an accident or sustained damage in some way. No one likes to deal with insurance companies, but when it comes to getting your car fixed and reaping the benefits of all those premiums you have paid throughout the years, the only way to do it is to file a claim. Citywide Towing Service is here to talk about what you can expect when filing an auto insurance claim for an auto accident.
What is the Procedure for Filing a Car Insurance Claim After an Auto Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, there is one thing you can be sure of, the repairs to your vehicle are going to be expensive. This is where your insurance company can come in big for you. Below, we are walking through the steps of filing an auto insurance claim.
– Contact Police: The first thing you need to do when in an accident is call the police to file an accident report. They will be there to take down details about the accident and keep everyone in check should any party involved become a problem.
– Collect Info: When you go to file a claim with your auto insurance company, you will need to have all the details about the accident and your vehicle in front of you. Your insurance company will be asking for them, and you need to be ready to provide them.
– Call the Company: You need to call your insurance company as soon as it is safe to do so after an accident has happened. If your vehicle isn’t in drivable condition, they will walk you through the process of getting you something to drive in the meantime. Calling them from the very beginning will help you take full advantage of your coverage.
– Claim Specialist: Once you have contacted your insurance company, they will provide you with a claim adjuster to work with. They will be working with the auto shop that performs all the repairs on your vehicle so they can track the repairs and keep your claim moving. They will be doing research on what your plan will pay out and work with you and the garage working on your car throughout the process.
– Coverage: Your coverage is going to depend on the extent of the damage to the vehicle and the details of the accident. The insurance company is there to follow through with your contractual plan coverage and pay out if it is necessary. You should feel like they have taken care of you when all is said and done.