If you are lucky enough to drive a classic car, you know that it takes a little extra care to keep it running well. The last thing you want is to be stranded on the side of the road because of an issue with your vehicle. If you haven’t cared for your classic car in the way that it needs, you could easily find yourself in this situation. Citywide Towing Service is here to talk about some of things you should be doing to avoid a breakdown when you take your classic car on a road trip.
What is the Best Ways to Reduce the Frequency of Car Breakdowns?
As mentioned above, when you drive a classic car, it isn’t the same as driving a newer vehicle. The parts are older and require extra maintenance to keep them in good condition. Luckily, there are several things you can do to ensure you have the best chances of avoiding a breakdown when you set out on a road trip in your classic car.
– Tune Up: It can’t be stressed enough how important regular tune ups are on your classic car. Keep the oil changed and new, make sure your filters aren’t old and clogged as well as keeping your spark plugs in good condition will ensure your car is running well.
– Inspect Tires: The right tire pressure is key in avoiding an unnecessary flat or tire blow out. You probably don’t drive your classic car as much as your primary vehicle, which makes it even more important that you make sure the tire pressure is right in the tires as it has been sitting for a while.
– Check Rubber: You need to make sure the rubber gaskets, belts and seals in your classic car aren’t showing signs of wear. Look for any cracking that could indicate it is time to replace these parts.
– Check Brakes: The fluid level in the master cylinder of your brake system needs to be at the right level. You should also check for any brake fluid that is leaking. You more than likely don’t change the brake pads out very often on your classic car and need to make sure it they are good to go.
– Test Drive: It is always a good idea to take your classic car out for a test drive before heading out on a long road trip. This will give you the chance to hear the engine as you are driving around your community in case something doesn’t sound right.
Flatbed Towing, Roadside Assistance & Cash for Cars Services in Addison, Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Combine, Coppell, DeSoto, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grapevine, Highland Park, Hutchins, Lancaster, Lewisville, Ovilla, Richardson, Rowlett, Sachse, Seagoville, Sunnyvale, University Park, Wilmer, Wylie, Duncanville, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite & Greater Dallas, Texas
If you have found yourself stranded on the side of the road with car problems in your classic car, it is important that you have a towing company that can either bring you what you need to get back up and going or tow your classic car properly to avoid damaging it. At Citywide Towing Service, we have extensive experience in towing classic cars and can help you with all of your needs. Call us today!